Monday 11 April 2016

"Fried coleslaw"

Last week, I suddenly recall of a finger food which I love very much during my secondary school year. I still remember one of my best buddy she made this finger food and let me try it. Such awesome bites and I almost forgotten about it. So immediately I drop my bestie a message and ask her for the recipe. This was my mission for the past weekend. Bringing back my memory!

I don't know the actual name of this finger food, neither my friend did as this was passed down to her by her "Kakak" (maid) last time. So I have decided to call it Fried Coleslaw since it has the same main ingredient as Coleslaw Salad. Let's get started!

Ingredients:
1/4 of medium size cabbage (shredded)
1 1/2 of medium size carrot (shredded)
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of water
Salt and pepper (season according to own preferences)


Steps:
1. Prepare all the ingredients as picture above.
2. Prepare the flour base. Pour the water slowly, stages by stages into the flour and stir well. Mix the flour until it feels thick and not too watery.


3. Next, add in the shredded cabbage and carrot. Then season with salt and pepper according to own preferences.



4. Pre-heat the pan with some oil on medium fire. After the oil is hot enough, you could take a spoonful of the "coleslaw" and lay it flat in the oil. Remember, not too thick. (But also, it is very much depending on personal liking. You could experiment with think and thin ones, see which one you like the most!)

After the bottom has turn golden, flip to fry the top of the "coleslaw". Be sure to keep an eye on it, so that it won't over fried. The taste will become quite bitter.

5. After done frying, cool it off awhile on kitchen towel. Then it is done to be served. You could just have it like that, or dip in ketchup or chili sauce.



Happy trying, enjoy! Let me know whether you like it or not. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment