Monday 18 April 2016

The Journey Ahead



Flipping through my notes, I found this lyric. It was written by my sister. I asked a favor from her to write this out. Initially was to make a song out of it, as during that time, it was my graduation. However, I didn't manage to compose a song. Instead, I call it a poem.

Sky bright, rocky road;
I see birds soar, flower bloom;
Where will this road take me?
Some might find gold,
Some an empty cart,
Or should I find and old dragon,
Puffing out smoke?

Mind clear, throat quenched;
The weather by my side.
Bid a goodbye I shall;
To a child once I held dear.
Foot stepped firm yet uncertain;
Until I reach a certain part of the road;
Where there are many paths ahead.

Will the clouds cover the sun tomorrow?
Or will there be bread tomorrow?
Dark shadows from the abyss poisons’ my mind.

Day time I feel alone;
My voice can’t reach the world;
At night I isolate myself;
Fear creep up from my covers,
And haunt me during the day.
At time I may feel old;
Appearance may not tell so;
But I feel it inside.
Like butter spread over too much bread.

Stray not my heart;
The journey that I have chosen will not end easily.
As long as these stubborn legs continue to walk;
I shall guide it!

Shake off the insecurity.
None shall tell you how to walk,
Nor to breathe the air.
Unfortunate events may occur;
But too little time to mourn!

But at last, this all I have to say:
Starry night shall not put my heart to sleep
Wind of my home town will not carry me
At dusk I shall mourn for bed
At dawn with foreign bread
But fear not my heart, for this is not the first
The world ahead through many shadows and linger hearts
All shall past, all shall fade.



No comments:

Post a Comment