Thursday 27 August 2015

6 Simple Steps - Crispy Whole Roasted Chicken in Fotile Oven

This is my first attempt for whole roasted chicken. (Kampung chicken). I'm gonna share the recipe here cause it's simple & delicious! Crispy skin + juicy meat with some herbs aroma, I'm so satisfied with the result and inspired to try some other things with my oven. 




Ingredients A:  
1 Whole chicken (Remove giblets from the cavity)
Olive Oil 
Salt 
Pepper


Ingredients B: (Optional, type of ingredients at your choice)
Sliced Lemon 
Thyme, sage & rosemary (Or herbs that you like) 
Peeled garlic 
Small onion


Steps:  
1. If you rinse the chicken, remember to pat dry with kitchen towel. If you don't, please also do so. And I suggest to put the chicken at the room temperature for 30min while you preparing the ingredients. (If you are taking out from the fridge)

2. Rub over the skin with olive oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper. (inside & out)
4. Put ingredients B inside the cavity (Optional) 
5. Place the chicken with breast side up on the pan and then pre-heat the oven at 210c
6. Put the chicken into the oven and roast for 15mins.
7. After 15mins, change the temperature to 190-195, and roast for another 50mins - 1 hour.

For my oven - Fotile, I place the chicken at the lowest level so that the skin won't be overcooked. However, I think it is subject to individual's oven, as I saw some other recipe showed to place the chicken in the middle rack. 

Enjoy! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment